Ultimate Choice Mold Removal
5840 W Craig Rd #120, Las Vegas, NV 89130
(702) 385-2526

Mold appears in various colors with a cotton-like texture. However, mold is often hidden behind a wall, under carpet or in ductwork.

Notice an ongoing musty odor in your home? Then, you probably have a toxic mold problem.

After flood damage, mold can develop after 24 hours. Moisture from humidity and leaks can also lead to toxic mold conditions.

Exposure to mold can trigger allergic reactions and asthma. Mold is also linked to skin rashes, lung infections and chronic fatigue.


How do I know if I have mold?
Musty odors, increased allergy symptoms, such as wheezing, sneezing, coughing, watery, red or itchy eyes, runny nose, and even rashes. Many times mold will be easily detectable, as spores will begin to appear and spread across walls, tiles, and other household surfaces. However, not all mold is immediately visible and we recommend scheduling an inspection from a trusted company.


What does mold look like?
Mold can often appear in a variety of colors and textures. The most commonly seen household molds are green, black, grey, and white. However, mold can also grow to be brown or yellow. Mold colonies most often appear cotton or velvet-like in texture, but can also be granular or glassy, and become denser toward the origin of the colony, spreading in all directions thereafter.


What causes mold to develop?
Mold is caused by water infiltration areas around the home. Popular in basements, kitchens, bathrooms, the underside of rugs and carpets, and on ceilings. These areas tend to carry more humidity and moisture, making them ideal origins for mold growth. Mold is most commonly found in areas with over 60% humidity, and on porous materials, such as wood, drywall, ceilings, paneling, and leather fixtures and furniture.


Is mold harmful to our health?
Some common molds are not especially harmful to healthy humans, though the majority of them can affect those with existing compromised immune systems, such as those who suffer from asthma. However, some molds do produce chemicals called “mycotoxins” which are known to cause sickness in humans and animals alike. The most common major health effects are gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation, sinus infection that does not respond to antibiotics, eye infections, lung infections, allergies, asthma, chemical sensitivities, skin rashes, exhaustion and chronic fatigue, colds or flus that never go away.


Should I have my home inspected?
Because of the overwhelming number of mold-affected homes across the United States, it is generally recommended that you have your home professionally inspected at least once a year. If you’re moving into a new home, have seen mold colonies or spores appear, or have experienced any of the aforementioned health characteristics, you should absolutely have your home inspected for remediation.


What is involved in a mold inspection?

We can recommend an independent and certified mold inspector to take the following steps:

1. Visually inspect the home or building to determine the existence or non-existence of mold.
2. Investigate the environmental conditions in and around the home or building.
3. Identify the site of water infiltration into the home or building, or identify areas in the home that might be susceptible to water damage.
4. Obtain photographic proof of concern areas and lab testing if necessary.
5. Construct a detailed investigation report regarding inspectors’ findings, remediations, and future precautions for mold growth in the home or building, including general recommendations for preventative maintenance.



Call us to schedule a free consultation now!